Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gorge du Verdon, Provence









I just got back from the most amazing vacation! I had to get back to blogging and now have tons to share. First, the gorgeous Gorge du Verdon in Provence, it is one of the most picturesque sites in the South of France, and it is man made. The water comes from rain and the melted snow from the mountains (at least I think that is what our bus driver said)

We were in the South of France for my sister in law's wedding where she married a guy who has vacationed here since he was little, oh to live in Europe!

It was such a blast, a large group of us rented paddle boats and took off. We all ended up linking boats together and broke out the wine for a fabulous day. The French people didn't know what to think of us Texans all blocking the river, they took pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog because I noticed that you had recently posted about one of our cards (thanks!)... but then I saw this post! My mom and I went to the Gorge du Verdon about 13 years ago. We loved it! So gorgeous. We stayed in La Bastide de Moustiers. What a beautiful place -- and the food! We didn't actually get to go on the water, though. Looks like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for checking me out! Your work is fabulous, so glad you are a reader now! I wish I could go back there every year, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete